Thursday, February 2, 2012

First Trip to the Park

If you followed along on my website when I traveled to China, you may remember how Sam felt about parks…he hated them. I am sure that he had never seen a park before and the whole idea of trying them out only days after being with me was just too big of a risk for him.

Once home, I thought that it would be quite a while before we would get the chance to go to the park. Midwestern winters are not the most conducive for playing outdoors, at least not for this sun-loving girl.

As luck would have it, we got a break from the cold and gray. The clouds parted, the sun shone and the temperature was, well, tolerable. My friend Susanne called and asked if we would like to join them at the park.

I knew that Molly would love to go, but I wasn’t quite sure about Sam. As it turned out, I had nothing to worry about. See for yourself!

I know this isn’t a park, but doesn’t Molly look cute in her Panda fleece?IMG_8236

Max and Molly climb to the top of the tower.IMG_8242

Sam seeks the safety of the ground.IMG_8243

Taking a risk on the slide.IMG_8244

Susanne sending Sam down to my waiting camera arms.IMG_8245

I think he likes it!IMG_8247

Back for a second go around.IMG_8253

First time on the swing. No tears….IMG_8249

looks promising….IMG_8250

I think he like it!IMG_8251
Max and Molly try out the more advanced slide.IMG_8254

I still think this is a dangerous slide to put in a public park, but I am just that kind of mom. No fun, I guess.IMG_8255

Do you think these two are used to being in front of a camera?IMG_8257

The park was a huge success with Sam. I’m so glad because we go there a lot…when the weather in warmer! Now he’ll fit right in.

I am always amazed at how well and how quickly this precious little boy adapts to all of the new things in his life. You rock, Dang Qiao!

No comments: