Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mr. Toothy Makes His Debut

When we held Molly for the first time in Guangzhou, China, she was just cutting her very first tooth. Today she lost that tooth. *Sniff sniff*

A very bittersweet moment for Mommy and for Molly.

The tooth has been loose for quite some time but today it was super wiggly. Does that gross anyone else out the way it does me?

Anyway, after dinner Tony and Molly worked on the tooth. Then there was a scream (of delight I think) and a sprint to the bathroom for one bloody-mouthed child.

By the time I got to the bathroom, Molly had inspected her mouth to find the tooth hanging on by a thread. Guess who had to pull it out? Me. The one who get the heebee-geebee’s from wiggly teeth.

One quick yank and it was out. Molly was thrilled. Until she realized it was never going back in. Then the tears started.

Oy. Only Molly.

Molly showing off the lost tooth.IMG_8990

Sam wondering what all of the fuss is about.IMG_8991

Molly showing off the space in her bottom row of teeth.IMG_8992

Sam still wondering what all of the fuss is about. Okay, it’s just an excuse to show pictures of Sam on a post that has nothing to do with him.IMG_8998

The actual tooth. Molly wanted me to be sure to get a picture of it since after the Tooth Fairy takes it, it will be gone forever. Or in my jewelry box. Whichever.IMG_9006

Molly putting her tooth in Mr. Toothy. That’s what she calls the little tooth pillow lovingly given to her by her namesake, Auntie Molly.IMG_9008

Placing Mr. Toothy under her pillow.IMG_9010

Mr. Toothy had to be placed face down/tooth pocket up so the Tooth Fairy would have an easier time getting it.IMG_9012
Here’s a picture that has absolutely zero to do with a lost tooth, but  was so cute that I had to include it. That’s the benefit of owning the blog.IMG_9016

Waiting for the Tooth Fairy.IMG_9017

Rude awakening in the morning by Mom who wanted to photograph the event.IMG_9019

Trying to figure out where she put Mr. Toothy.IMG_9020

Finding Mr. Toothy. This play-by-play is riveting, isn’t it?IMG_9022

Checking out the Tooth Fairy loot.IMG_9023

I got a sound chastising by the neighborhood moms. They told me that I made their Tooth Fairy look like a cheapskate.

I just wanted Molly to be able to buy something memorable with her TF money. What are you going to get for a dollar? I told Molly that the TF only leaves her the big bucks for the 1st tooth.IMG_9024

Molly checking to make sure the TF took her tooth. I think she was a little disappointed that it wasn’t still in there. Little does she know that she’ll get it back in 20 or 30 or 40 years. Speaking of which, do you still have my teeth Mom? I’d like them back!IMG_9027

Here’s our pal Mr. Toothy. I am sure that he will make many more trips under the pillow before all is said and done.IMG_9030

Am I the only one who is sad that her child is losing her baby teeth. They are so cute and little and perfect. Grown up teeth are big and awkward and all nubby on top. Not at all what a little girl should have in her mouth.

That’s the problem, I guess. She’s not a little girl anymore.

Excuse me while I go have a good cry.

No comments: