Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Cuddling with my baby Mother's Day Morning 2008. Life does not get any sweeter than this:



I was ecstatic on Mother's Day 2007. I was finally a mother. I was officially bestowed the title the day we adopted Molly on March 30, 2007, and on that first Mother's Day you couldn't find a happier person than me. Funny thing about that day though--I didn't feel like a mother. It was still too new. I was still someone who was playing the part of mother. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome feeling, but I just hadn't put in enough time as a mother to actually feel like one.

This year? Totally different story. I have changed enough diapers, kissed enough boo-boos, given enough baths, and endured enough tantrums to have earned the title of Mother. I've been peed on, puked on, and been told off. I have overflowed with joyful pride, been showered with kisses, and heard the beautiful word "Momma!" uttered thousands of times. I've paid my dues. I Am Mother, Hear Me Roar!

This Mother's Day was way more low key. I wasn't bouncing off the walls with excitement like I was last year. But I had something much greater. I KNEW that I was mother to the most beautiful girl in the world!

See, even Molly was jumping for joy!

No comments: