Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Carving 101

Pumpkin carving...I figured this wouldn't be an easy task for the I-Aint-Gonna-Touch-It Kid. True to form, Molly was less than thrilled with it. She was a trooper and never gave up--even smiled once or twice (I think just to throw me a bone). But you could tell, her heart wasn't in it.

Good golly, I hate pumpkin slime and I don't have texture issues. I can't imagine what it must feel like to my daughter, who tries to levitate above grass so she won't touch it. So, after a few agonizing minutes, I took pity on her. I snapped a few photos and let her off the hook.

I just know this is going to be gross!



Well, maybe it won't be too bad...
What's this? Eeeewww, pumpkin slime on my fingers!



And pumpkin seeds in my hair!
I think that I'll let Daddy take over, while I stand a safe distance away.



That face says it all.

No comments: