Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Markers, New Mother, Stupid Mistake #537

I found these markers at Target the other day. Aren't they cute! What makes them even more cute is that when snap the lid on, they make the noise of the animal. The dog marker barks, the zebra marker neighs, the fish marker blows bubbles and so on. I thought this was a great idea because it encourages kids to put the lids back on their markers so they don't dry out.

I was so pleased with my purchase that I ran right home and started to remove the packaging. As I did this, I lined them up on a tray for Molly to play with. Surely these will score me major points in the Mother of the Year contest.

As I finished unwrapping the last marker, I finally glanced up at my daughter. Yeah, the sound effects didn't thrill her near as much a drawing all over her face.

She just looked at me with that puzzled expression when I groaned, "Good Golly, Miss Molly!" Okay, that's not exactly what I groaned, but it's a whole lot cleaner that what I actually said and I am not digging myself even deeper into a hole with the Mother of the Year judges!

Thank goodness that the manufactures are much wiser than myself. They made these markers washable so at least Molly wasn't tattooed for the next few days. Crisis averted, but I am way behind in points for the Mother of the Year Contest!

No comments: