Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Quick Vacation in Colorado

On my way to and from China, I flew through Denver. Since my family and friends are in Denver, I decided to stay there for a week at the end of my China trip. I thought it would be a good way to get over the jetlag and transition to life back in the states before heading to the hectic school/gymnastics/playgroup/playdates/ Chinese classes/Christmas season at home.

No jet lag for the first few days, I am happy to report. We were so tired that we slept through the nights. About day three both Molly and I started waking up in the middle of the night and were not able to fall back asleep. Molly got a Benadryl, which put her back down. I had Ambien. When I took the Ambien, I woke up groggy and felt awful all day, so for the rest of the trip, I just got up in the middle of the night and did stuff. When you go to bed at 9 pm and wake up at 12:30 am you have a lot of time to get stuff done.

Most of the time I spent moving the posts my China trip from my China approved website back onto my blog (which is not allowed in China).

I was never really tired through my late night bloggings and never really tired during the day. Just woke up at O-Dark-thirty and couldn't fall back to sleep. Honestly, I was expecting much worse.

In Colorado, we:

Went to a local arboretum to See the Christmas lights.IMG_4134

IMG_4135

IMG_4141

IMG_4146

IMG_4156

IMG_4155

IMG_4152

IMG_4158

Made a nifty holiday craft.IMG_4140

Spent an afternoon with my dear friend Becky, and her little neighbor, Ryan.IMG_4164

Molly and Ryan got along famously. Wish we lived closer!IMG_4159

IMG_4170

Spent time with the grandparents.IMG_4177

IMG_4179

Molly made a new buddy in my sister’s friend Brenda.IMG_4178

And even posed for one last picture with Mommy and Grandpa.IMG_4181

The trip was short and busy, but a great way to recover from international travel. We loved seeing everyone right before the holidays. A rare treat for us Midwestern dwellers!

No comments: