- Unpacked 2 suitcases and 3 carry-ons
- Conquered a mountain of laundry
- Cleaned the house
- Grocery shopped and restocked the pantry, fridge and freezer
- Sorted through 2 weeks worth of mail
- Sorted through 2 weeks worth of email
- Paid a stack of bills
- Scheduled multiple appointments
- Took Molly to the doctor for a sinus infection (this is infection #587, if you are keeping track)
- Filled a prescription
- Cooked 6 meals
- Made a Costco run
- Took Molly to her Little Gym class (She did her first unassisted pull over…she was so proud. Heck I was proud and all I did was watch!)
- Played at the park (twice)
- Worked out (twice)
- Downloaded and viewed pictures of our trip
Gee, how I long for another vacation! Since that ain’t gonna happen, here is a brief rundown of our trip:
We went to Tinytown, Colorado which is, well, a tiny town.
We people-watched at Red Rocks Amphitheater:
Took lots of cute pictures there as well:
We went to the Denver Zoo. Molly climbed all of the statues just like at the zoo at home.
We had dinner with Carey, my friend from college. I haven't seen her in 20 years. We sat down and talked like we just saw each other last week. Love ya Care-Nels!
Molly played with Anna. She told me that she wanted Anna to be her sister and also said that she would share her toys with Anna. You know Molly is serious if she is willing to share her toys.Anna is actually Luke's sister. Molly and Luke had cribs right next to each other in the orphanage. We love spending time with Luke and his wonderful family. We are blessed to have them as friends and are so grateful for the bond that we share: our children!
Molly and Luke look took one look at each other, hugged, then ran off to play. What a joy to see! As you can tell, they really have a hard time having fun together.
We also got to spend some quality time with the grandparents. Molly was spoiled with attention!
And we even had time for some gratuitous cute shots in my sister's garden:
There were some other important highlights from the vacation; however I neglected to take pictures.
- I had a dinner party with the 7 Less Lonely People (minus one—miss you Peg). Long story about our name, but this a group of 7 friends. We met our first day of college and have been together for 27 years. Needless to say, they are very special people and I love each one dearly.
- I had coffee with another friend, Jill, who I haven’t seen in 15 years…this was a trip about reunions, I guess. Loved catching up with you, my friend. Let’s not wait another 15 years to see each other!
- We took Molly to the pool a couple of times...what a little fish. She was on cloud nine. Me…not so much.
- I had a girl’s night out at my favorite restaurant with some of favorite people in this world: my daughter, my sister and my niece.
- And finally, I drove my 19 year old niece’s car and lived to tell about it!
It was a very full, very fun few weeks! Now it's time to think about the next vacation...