Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Trip to the Zoo...Not Just Another Stroll in the Park

As promised in my last post, I am going to attempt to be more succinct with my blogging. So here goes....
l
It was a beautiful day and we had nothing planned so Molly and I grabbed a few snacks and headed to the zoo. It's close, we have a season pass, we go a lot. When we got there Molly insisted that we leave the stroller in the car. She would walk. The entire day. Yea, right.
l
By golly, she did just that. Three solid hours of walking and not once did Molly whine or ask me to carry her. She even held my hand without so much as a request on my part. Let me just tell ya, the zoo was a blast without a stroller.
l
We had fun running from place to place, climbing on things and interacting with animals. Without having to negotiate the stroller there was so much more interaction between the two of us, as well. Bonus!
k
With all of this quality Mollytime in one day--my heart is about to burst right now. I just love my little girl...who, by the way, is growing up way to fast.
l
There's so much more that I am itchin' to write, but I'll stop right here. Succinct enough?

On with the photographic evidence of the day....We pretty much climbed every sculpture in the zoo.
k
Molly thinks the Tiger looks like a big kitty...
k
The tiger thinks Molly looks like lunch!
k
Yep, another sculpture.
k
The flamingo pose.
k
How do these things get so big by just eating lettuce (the manatees, not the kid)?
k
Molly's favorite part of the day.
k
Molly could have rode the Carousel 100 times, but at a dollar a crack and a very long line, once had to suffice for today.
k
Capturing our picture in the mirror.
k
Ah yes, another sculpture.
Ever since reading Goodnight Gorilla, this is Molly's favorite exhibit.
k
Checking each other out.
k
Monkey watching.
k
The end of another fun day.
k
Enough energy left to walk the balance beam all the way back to the car.

No comments: