Monday, March 2, 2009

Molly's 3rd Birthday: A Photo Essay

I have lots and lots of pictures that tell the story of Molly's 3rd birthday from start to finish. Instead of boring you with details, I'll let the pictures do the talking. And when I said photo essay in the title...well, it's actually more like a novel. A Tolstoy novel. Or a Kevin Kosner movie. Waaaay longer than it needs to be!

Going to bed a 2 year old (a baby).
pk
Waking up a 3 year old (a big girl)!
p
A pre-breakfast sucker? Mom would never allow this. Is it a special day?
p
Chocolate yogurt and coffee cake for breakfast...it is a special day! Either that, or my mom has completely lost it.
p
Yep, I'm three. I can even hold up three fingers on each hand simultaneously. Try doing that, all of you two-year-olds out there.
p
I wonder in I could talk Dad into taking me out for a bike ride, even though it's freezing. I'll just flash him the cute face. He won't be able to say no.
p
See, told you he couldn't say no!
p
A die hard cyclist, just like Mommy!
p
Back inside to check out the Pottery Barn Kids catalogue. I wonder if some I got something in here for my new big girl room.
p
Eating lunch: grilled cheese, broccoli and cantaloupe. I see Mom has returned to her senses...darn.
p
Yep, I'm still 3.
p
Taking a nap before the evening festivities. Why am I sleeping in the Pack n' Play in Mom and Dad's room?
p Mom and Dad decorated the house in Hello Kitty while I slept.
p
Awake from my nap and ready to party.
p
A pie-nano recital with cousin Matthew.
p
Birthday dinner: Chinese food, just as I requested.
p
Some of my party guests: Uncle Jack, Grandmom and Allison.
p
More party guests: Daddy, Matthew and Aunt Karen.
p
And of course Mommy with me, the birthday girl.
pHaving see-food with Mom and Dad...pretty.
p
All of this for little ol' me?
ppp
Clothes from Mom and Dad.
pA music box and doctor's play outfit from Grandmom.
p
Lots and lots of baby accessories from Aunt Karen, Allison and Matthew.
p
Alphabet puzzles from Mom and Dad.
p
Random cute shot of me opening a present.
m
Cash register from Aunt Michelle, Uncle Jeff, Stephie, Chase and Ryan.
m
Shoes that light up when I walk. Yea, more loot from Mom and Dad. Do you think they like me?
m
Floor puzzle from Uncle Jack.
m
Camera from Mom and Dad. Watch out Mom, it's time for a payback. Now I am going to take your picture a million times a day.
mn
A new baby doll from Grandma and Grandpa.
n
What, there's more? Cool! Mom and Dad transformed my nursery into a big girl room while I was napping. So that's why I was in their bedroom today. Sneaky!
o
I love my new big girl bed with the bala-nina's on it.
l
I can't wait until bedtime!
l
Hello Kitty Cake.
m
Another family shot.
m
Singing Happy Birthday to ME.
m
Making a wish and blowing out my candles. I wish that Mom would let me eat suckers every morning before breakfast.
mk
The princess.
k
Yum, chocolate!
k
Going to sleep in my big girl bed for the first time.
k
Wish me luck..nighty-night.
k
Wake up Molly, you slept through the entire night in your new bed!
k

Good morning stretch. What's the big deal. It was easy.

No comments: