Monday, December 22, 2008

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Our adoption paperwork was logged in with the Chinese government on September 29, 2005. At that time, we could not even imagine the wait that was ahead for us. We spent not one, but three Christmases waiting. Three agonizing, painful Christmases where our hearts ached to hold our sweet Molly. To say that I cried a lot would be a gross understatement.
XXXXXX
Maybe that is why I appreciate the holidays so much more now. Molly is with us. There is really no better gift than that. As we decorate the house, attend holiday parties and negotiate the crowds at the local mall, there is a specialness about the season. There is a reason to celebrate.
XXXXX
Honestly, my heart is full and whole. I have an amazing husband and a daughter that is beyond incredible. I have everything that I could ever want. And I can reach out and touch them, hug them, kiss them whenever I want. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is better than that. Who needs gifts to open on Christmas morning? Not me.

XXXXX
Sharing this Christmas with Molly has been wonderful. Last year was her first Christmas and although it was very special to us, she really wasn’t old enough to understand the magic. This year, at almost three years old, she gets it. Boy oh boy, does she get it.
xx
Molly has a repertoire of Christmas carols memorized (Rudolph is her all time favorite), talks nonstop about Santa (although she won’t sit on his lap), and knows just what she would like to see under the tree on Christmas morning (a doll house). She loves the decorations, the Christmas cookies and treats, and the winter weather. She is all about Christmas this year, and that makes the season fun for the whole family.
XXXXX
One of Molly’s favorite events so far this holiday season has been her very first Christmas party. Molly is in a playgroup with other kids who have been adopted from China. She calls them her China friends. When I told her that her China friends were having a Christmas party, Molly ran to put on her fancy clothes and click-click shoes (shoes with heels).
oo
There were friends to see:

XXXX
Toys to play with (Hmmm, where did she learn to do this?):

XXXX
And food to eat:

XXXX

And eat:

XXXX
And eat:

XXXX
There was a book exchange where Molly received 2 Dr. Seuss books from Elizabeth:



XXXXX
And lots to Mamaratzi standing at the ready to take pictures:

XXXX
And more pictures:

XXXXX
And even more pictures:
p
XXXX
It was truly a magical time for Molly. And it was magical for me. I’m almost 45 years old and I get to experience Christmas like I was a child again. What a gift. Like I said before, life is good. Merry Christmas!
XXXXXX
More holiday blogs to come….Up next: building gingerbread houses. Check back in a day or two!
o
Oh, and for those of you who are wondering why I am blogging while on vacation in Florida...well, I AIN'T in Florida! Tony was asked to postpone our vacation so that he could cover a project at work. Sooooo, we rescheduled our vacation. We'll be heading south in a few weeks.
pp
I should be in Naples Florida toady. The wind chill here makes it -22 degrees. That's 22 degrees BELOW ZERO!!! The temperature in Naples is a balmy 78 degrees. 100 degrees difference, if you do the math.
o
I love my husband's job, I love my husband's job, I love my husband's job....trying desperately to convince myself :o)

No comments: