Thursday, December 4, 2008

Can I still be thankful even though I am a week late?

I know that Thanksgiving was a week ago, but I was so busy that I didn't have time to post. Is it alright if I do my thankful post now? I mean I have so much to be thankful for and I would hate for the year to g by without me expressing thankfulness.
k
Twelve years ago, a handsome young man came up and introduced himself to me. Two years later, I married him.
k
Almost three years ago, a precious little girl was born in China. A year after that, she became my daughter.

I wish that I could think of a word that would adequately express how very thankful I am for these two people:

I cannot imagine a life without either of them. They make me feel whole, complete. They bring me joyfulness, peace. The provide laughter and delight. They are everything that is good. I will be forever thankful that my life includes both of them.

o
I also have so many other things for which I am thankful: my family, Tony's family, our health, our home, friends, chocolate.
o
In these crazy economic times it is hard not to focus on everything that is going wrong. But when I stand back and examine what is truly important, my life is full. Very full. I couldn't ask for anything more. And I am forever thankful.

Thanksgiving was so crazy busy that I didn't get many pictures of the actual celebration, but here are a few shots of Miss Molly helping to prepare the pumpkin pies:

Step 1: Measure

h
Step 2: Stir

h
Step 3: Mix

l
Step 4: Clean up all the sugar that you spilled on the floor

l
Step 5: Look really cute in an apron

k
Step 6: Enjoy the fruits of your labours
First time eating pumpkin pie....



I think she likes it!

No comments: