Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

This summer has been hot. Hotter than most, in my opinion. Not that I am complaining, mind you. I love hot weather. Even the humidity doesn’t bother me much. I am just so grateful that the skies are blue and that my fingers and toes aren’t frozen that I sweat glow with a smile on my face.

On a particularly hot and humid day last week, we were looking for an activity that we could do with the girls where we could enjoy the outdoors without being reduced to a complete sweaty glowing mess.

I suggested a local botanic garden. They have a great children’s garden and tons of shaded areas to protect us from the sun’s rays. Sounded like a good idea…at the time.

When we arrived, half of the park was under construction. There were backhoes, jackhammers and construction workers everywhere. Three quarters of the children’s garden was closed, as were many other areas in the park.

We attempted a nice little walk on one of the many trails but were met with mud and mosquitoes. My last encounter with mosquitoes left me temporarily disfigured IMG_2650so I wasn’t too keen on staying in the woods very long.

And to top it all off, Molly got blisters. On both feet.Sounds like kind of a bust of a day, doesn’t it?

Not really.

Molly and Mattie Gail had a great time chasing each other around, screaming at the top of their lungs (still haven’t figured out why screaming is so fun but both girls seem to enjoy it, much to our chagrin).

Tressa and I had time to carry on a conversation that didn’t involve princesses or silly songs or what outfit to dress the baby doll in for the day. So, it really wasn’t a bust of a day at all.

And to top it off, there were lots and lots of places to take pictures of the girls, which we have been known to do from time to time. Take a peek….

IMG_3029IMG_3031IMG_3038IMG_3041IMG_3044IMG_3045

No comments: