Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Some Random Pics, The Zoo, and Some Video, T00!

Because my parents are always pestering me for more blog posts, here is some random pictures taken over the past few weeks.

Random Pictures 1:

Molly had Pajama Day at school. The school had a charity drive where the kids brought in new PJs and books for underprivileged kids. In return, they got to wear their pajamas to school.

Molly was so thrilled at the prospect of this, she picked out her PJs a week ahead of time. The night before, she took her bath and put on her favorite panda footie pajamas. She thought it was great to go to bed, wake up the next morning and already be dressed for school.IMG_5610Molly and the rest of the class had a blast and collected a lot of needed items to donate.IMG_5611

Random Pictures 2:

Every year on Gotcha Day, I give Molly a small gift that we purchased for her in China on our adoption trip. This year it was a puzzle of China’s Provinces. Molly loves puzzles so was eager to get started.

I assumed that there was a picture underneath the puzzle so that she would know where to put the pieces. Right before Molly dumped the puzzle over, it occurred to me that I paid the equivalent of 10 cents for it in China. The quality might not be that high. There might not be a guide picture.

I took a little peek under one of the pieces, and discovered that there was not a picture underneath. Luckily, I have my new all-in-one printer/fax/scanner/COPIER. I plopped the puzzle on the copier and got a rockin’ color copy to act as a guide for reassembling.IMG_5612It didn’t take Molly long to get all of the provinces neatly tucked back into their proper location.IMG_5614

Random Pictures 3:

Every year Tony buys seeds, starts his little vegetable plants sprouting, loving transplants them, waters them, weeds them, tends to them and then leaves them on the vine to die. Seriously. He never harvests them. Whatever.

Apparently this year is no exception. Here are Molly and Tony getting this years crop ready for their inevitable fate.IMG_6017IMG_6016

Random Pictures 4:

Molly saw me writing this blog and told me to take a picture of her work of art that she drew on her white board. So hear it is:IMG_6018

It’s a brachiosaurus in the rain. I was told that you can tell it’s a brachiosaurus “because it’s standing next to a tree.” Well duh, isn’t that obvious? IMG_6019 

As the title to this blog post implies, there are random pictures and Zoo Pictures. Guess what is coming next?

It was a beautiful day last Friday. I picked Molly up from preschool and was walking back to the van when I had a spontaneous moment. I don’t have those very often, but I did that day.

You see, the zoo is located next to Molly’s preschool. The sun was shining, it was warm, and I could see the zoo. I actually strung all of these occurrences together and realized we could spend the rest of the day at the zoo!

Wow, what a concept!

We rarely go to the zoo alone. Most of the time we meet friends there. So this was a pretty special day. Add to that the fact that this was a spontaneous trip so I had nothing with me. That means we actually consumed overpriced, greasy, sugary and nutritionally void zoo food for lunch. Told you it was special.

I did have a camera with me, so did capture the memories. Molly actually ran from place to place and demanded asked politely if I would take pictures of her.IMG_5769IMG_5777IMG_5778IMG_5779IMG_5780IMG_5785

When Molly was three, she asked to play on the zoo’s playground. It’s one of those multi-level play structures where you climb around inside. I said sure and turned her loose.

When it was time to go, she disobeyed me and ran back into the play structure (which I can’t fit in) and continued to play…four separate times. Yes, four times.

When I actually got my hands on her she was in some serious trouble. I restrained gently carried her from the back of the zoo, through the exit at the front of the zoo and all the way across the parking lot. All the while she was kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs, “Put Me Down!”  Joy.

Once she calmed down I told her that she couldn’t play at that playground until she was four. An entire year. She knew she was in trouble, big time.

Ya know what? She never asked to go back to that park at all when she was four. Not once. She’d look at it and say, “That’s the park where I got in BIG trouble.” But she never asked to play.

Now that she is five, I guess she figured it was safe to ask to play there again. She was very polite and told me that she would come down the first time she was asked.IMG_5787IMG_5788IMG_5789IMG_5790And that’s just what she did. I guess she learned her lesson!

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for, well at least my mom and dad have been waiting for….the video.

Little technical problem, though. You have to tilt your head to the right to view the videos. You see, I captured these clips from my regular camera. I held the camera portrait style. Apparently once you download to the computer, you can’t turn video like you can turn pictures. Who knew? They are stuck in landscape format. So you have to watch sideways.

Here’s the first exciting clip. It features Molly jumping over her jump rope 20 times. Yes, 20 times. Sit back, relax. It takes a while.

Jump, Molly, Jump!

Did anyone besides my mom and dad really watch that whole thing? Be honest.

Next we have Molly saying a dinosaur name for every letter in the alphabet. Riveting!

Dinosaurs A to Z

And finally, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, in Chinese. Mostly. I think.

Chinese Twinkle

There you have it. Random Pics, The Zoo and Video Too!

No comments: