Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Gotcha-versary, Baby!

On February 2, 2007 I nervously opened
a picture attachment on my computer
and laid eyes on the
the most beautiful little girl that I had ever seen.
On March 29, 2007,
 in a hot little room in Guangzhou, China
I became the mother of
the most beautiful little girl that I had ever seen.
I still get tears in my eyes looking
at the picture of a nanny
placing little Guan Hai Yan in my arms.
And as you can see, she has grown
even more beautiful, both inside and out.

For Molly's 3rd Gotcha-versary we met up
with Molly's best friend Mia
at the Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Molly originally chose a boring brown bear,
but with some pushing a gentle suggestion from me,
Molly decides upon a cute
little flowered bunny, just like Mia.
Molly covering her ears as
she presses the pedal to stuff her bunny.
Selecting just the right heart for the bunny.
Giving the heart a kiss before
placing it inside the bunny.
And voila, the bunny is done.
Now what to dress her in?
Look, they have princess dresses!
Molly and Sleeping Beauty Bunny.
Too much cuteness!
After Build-a Bear, the girls spent some time
playing at the mall playground.
Of course, they never pass up an
opportunity to create their own fun.
So Happy Together.

Now if I would have been on the ball,
I would have asked someone to take a picture
of Molly and me.
Then I could have posted it here and titled it
So Happy Together.

But I wasn't on the ball,
so you'll just have to trust me.
The feelings are there:
Molly and Mommy,
So Happy Together!

Happy Gotcha-versary, Baby!
I love you!
Wo Ai Ni
我爱你

No comments: